In this workshop, we aim to equip the participants with theoretical and practical skills in order to carry out the setup of their instrument in an autonomous and customized fashion. The acquisition of the knowledge and the ability to control the physical features of the instrument enables a better technical relationship with the instrument and the understanding that it’s “good condition” is something essential for a greater commitment to musical development.
The workshop is held in Guitar Rehab‘s shop.
Adriano Sérgio – Luthier and Guitar tech
Hugo Domingos – Luthier
Guitarists and bassists, professionals and amateurs, music shop dealers, etc.
Number of Participants
Maximum number of 6 participants.
Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 AM to 07:00 PM (1 hour lunch break)
Theoretical and Practical Workshop’s Programme
– Description, comparison and discussion about the different constituent elements of the instrument and the different materials
– Maintenance and cleaning of hardware (tips and advice on products and procedures)
– General cleaning (tips and advice on products and procedures)
– Prevention of humidity caused problems
– Exposition of the related aspects in the choosing of a good instrument
– Discussion about the different details in instrument construction and their influence in tone and musicality
– Analysis of the interrelation between various parts of the instrument and how their adjustment affects it’s tuning
– The relationship between different string gauges and alternative tunings
Participants must bring up to 2 instrument and will use them to apply the skills acquired (complete execution of their own setup).